Why Do We Need Members?
- Members help us provide programs and projects which benefit students, families, schools, and communities.
- An active, involved and informed membership can speak effectively with a united voice for all children.
- Members from diverse backgrounds –geographically, culturally, and economically—give us the potential to help every child.
- More members equal a more powerful voice.
What it means to join the Hedgcoxe PTA:
When you join the Hedgcoxe PTA, you join a community that encourages student achievement and believes in building partnerships between families and school. Membership has many benefits:
- You will send a clear message to your child that you value education and that you will do everything you can to help them realize their full potential.
- You get connected with teachers, staff, other parents and other students, the BEST way to learn what is really going on at Hedgcoxe.
- You can gather and share parenting information with other parents and teachers, people who really care about raising kids in today's world.
- You have a voice in how the PTA prioritizes it's goals and spends it's limited resources. Only members can vote and hold a PTA position.
- You get access to member-only sections of the Texas and National PTA's websites and get to take advantage of some great discounts. Click HERE to see all the great discounts available from 1-800-Flowers, Avis, Budget Rent-A-Car, CostCo, Dell, Enterprise, Great Wolf Lodge, Hertz, Hotels.com, HP, LaQuinta, Marathon Kids, Nationwide, Orlando, Schlitterbahn, Six Flags and Texas Rangers!!
Where do my PTA dues go?
The dues you pay to join the PTA are divided between the Hedgcoxe PTA and the Texas and National PTA. When you join, you automatically become part of the Texas and National PTA, the largest child advocacy organizations in the nation.
The Hedgcoxe PTA uses your dues to help pay for the many contributions we make to Hedgcoxe Elementary School each school year including:
- Student Programs and Assemblies
- All Grade Level Field Trips
- Yearly Class Party Funds
- Agendas for all 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade Students
- Fine Arts Day
- Multicultural & Art Night
- Teacher and Staff Wish List items for the school and classrooms
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation throughout the year
- Community Outreach to those students in need at Hedgcoxe and within PISD
- Tuesday, December 11
- Thursday, December 13
- Friday, December 21
- Monday, January 7
- Tuesday, January 8
- Thursday, January 10
Hedgcoxe PTA would like to thank these Incredible Sponsors