“Heroes of the Hallways” … our school-based father-involvement initiative that organizes fathers and father figures as positive male role models for the students and to enhance school security.
To learn more about this nationwide initiative please visit the national website: WATCH D.O.G.S.
How to volunteer for Watch D.O.G.S.
Create an account on membership toolkit by clicking on "Log-In" (located at the top of this page)
REQUIRED: The PISD Volunteer Form must be submitted 2 weeks prior to your volunteer date.
Fill out the PISD Volunteer Form
- Located at: https://www.pisd.edu/Page/1605
- Select "Click here for online volunteer application."
- If you think you've done this, please contact the Hedgcoxe Elementary secretary and verify
Go to the Watch D.O.G.S. Volunteer Form (aka "Schedules" located below), select which day(s) you're volunteering and select "SAVE" at the bottom of the screen.
- You must scroll all the way to the bottom and click "SAVE" after selecting your desired days
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and a reminder email the week before and day before your scheduled day
- If you don't receive the confirmation email check your junk inbox, if it isn't there, check with your spouse to see if it went to their email, if it isn't there please send an email to Lance Burton and he will troubleshoot the issue
You can also access the schedule by:
- Clicking on "My Account", under "Volunteer Opportunities" there is a link "Watch D.O.G.S.", click on this link
Purchase your official Watch D.O.G.S. uniform
- Uniform shirts are purchased online at http://dogstore2.fathers.com/cotton-short-sleeve-t-shirt.html
- Please purchase the shirt pictured below, it is currently $11.95 as of Aug 08, 2017 (not including tax or shipping)
Front | Back
- Show up on your scheduled day at 7:20 a.m.
- Wear your Watch D.O.G.S. uniform
- Go to the office
- Tell the secretary you're there for Watch D.O.G.S
- Fill out the End of Day Survey at the end of the day
... and most importantly, BE PREPARED TO BE AWESOME AND HAVE FUN!!!
Yes, you may volunteer for more than one day!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Hedgcoxe Elementary PTA President
- Wednesday, April 25
- Thursday, April 26
- Sunday, April 29
- Monday, April 30
- Tuesday, May 1
- Wednesday, May 2
Hedgcoxe PTA would like to thank these Incredible Sponsors