“Heroes of the Hallways” … our school-based father-involvement initiative that organizes fathers and father figures as positive male role models for the students and to enhance school security.
To learn more about this nationwide initiative please visit the national website: WATCH D.O.G.S.
How to volunteer for Watch D.O.G.S.
Create an account on membership toolkit by clicking on "Log-In" (located at the top of this page)
REQUIRED: The PISD Volunteer Form must be submitted 2 weeks prior to your volunteer date.
Fill out the PISD Volunteer Form
- Located at: https://www.pisd.edu/Page/1605
- Select "Click here for online volunteer application."
- If you think you've done this, please contact the Hedgcoxe Elementary secretary and verify
Go to the Watch D.O.G.S. Volunteer Form (aka "Schedules" located below), select which day(s) you're volunteering and select "SAVE" at the bottom of the screen.
- You must scroll all the way to the bottom and click "SAVE" after selecting your desired days
- You will receive an email confirming your registration and a reminder email the week before and day before your scheduled day
- If you don't receive the confirmation email check your junk inbox, if it isn't there, check with your spouse to see if it went to their email, if it isn't there please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will troubleshoot the issue
You can also access the schedule by:
- Clicking on "My Account", under "Volunteer Opportunities" there is a link "Watch D.O.G.S.", click on this link
Purchase your official Watch D.O.G.S. uniform
- Uniform shirts are purchased online at http://dogstore2.fathers.com/cotton-short-sleeve-t-shirt.html
- Please purchase the shirt pictured below, it is currently $11.95 as of Aug 08, 2017 (not including tax or shipping)
Front | Back
- Show up on your scheduled day at 7:20 a.m.
- Wear your Watch D.O.G.S. uniform
- Go to the office
- Tell the secretary you're there for Watch D.O.G.S
- Fill out the End of Day Survey at the end of the day
... and most importantly, BE PREPARED TO BE AWESOME AND HAVE FUN!!!
Yes, you may volunteer for more than one day!
If you have any questions, please contact:
(469) 352-4314 (due to work please text or email)
We are thankful to the following local businesses that support our PTA.
In the Spotlight: Your PTA Dollars at Work
Do you ever wonder why we do fundraisers or what happens to the money you pay to become a member of PTA? Those funds go directly to the students, teachers and school. Click HERE to find out more about how exactly your contributions and membership help our Hedgcoxe Hounds!